Sunday, November 4, 2007

We look good together, no?


I’m sure most of you have seen The OC right? I mean I think it’s cancelled now, but 90% of the people I know used to watch it religiously…. Anyway, my point is, remember Seth Cohen? Played by Adam Brody? Drool…

Well basically he is the guy of my dreams. I don’t know what it is about him (well, besides the fact that I’m painfully attracted to him)… I like the fact that he’s nerdy but totally charming in his own way, and doesn’t really make any excuses for being such a dork. I’ve been swooning over Seth/Adam (I like to believe he’s actually like that in real life, totally unlikely but a girl can dream) ever since I started watching the show a few years ago. I realize that he’s sort of out of my league, considering I’m not a fellow celebrity and have come to terms with the fact that I will probably never meet him. (Sidenote: if you have any way of making this happen I will be forever in your debt)

Somehow, though, my most recent posting on Craigslist produced his identical twin. I’m in total disbelief.

I got the usual absolutely awful, nonrelevant responses, and out of all the unattractive 56 year old married men looking for “yoga partners,” I got one from this guy, Nick D. He’s 24, a student at a super prestigious private school about 20 minutes from my house, and is without a doubt a mirror image of Seth Cohen… big brown eyes, curly brown hair, hot clothing style, great taste in Indie rock… could I ask for more?

Well yes… I can’t say our first date was all I had dreamed it would be, but it was nice. His idea was breakfast and I actually agreed to waking up early (crazy). He looked really hot in a white hoodie, sexy jeans, converse, and a burberry scarf. He’s definitely stylish. We made small talk over omelets and I can’t say that we had all that much chemistry at that point, and I was pretty unimpressed when they bill came and he accepted my offer to pay for half. I never want to assume someone’s paying on the first date because I don’t want to seem presumptuous, but going dutch is such a turn off if you ask me. But nobody’s perfect right? Then we went downtown and did some window shopping and he seemed to loosen up a lot, and I actually started to think we were making a connection. We ended up finding the most ridiculously Euro-trash style shades, getting matching pairs, and walking around in them looking pretty hot if I do say so myself.

Then he drove me to work, met my co-workers (who were totally impressed), and said he wants to hang out again…. Guess we’ll see what happens!

0 people had something to say:

Boyfriend Application
 

design by suckmylolly.com