Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My new favorite waste of time

After calling in sick this morning (yes, New Year's Day, and no, not because I'm hungover, since I stayed home last night and watched tv with my friends... I'm actually super sick, and yes, my work HATES me right now and I'm sure totally doesn't believe me) I've been in bed relaxing all day, since there's not much else I can do.

That much downtime requires some entertainment, which has been a cross between these:


and also OkCupid:


Thanks to College Callgirl for the recommendation!

It has turned out to be totally entertaining. There aren't many things I like more than taking quizzes/filling out surveys about myself (other than making out with hotties and eating sushi) and seeing as its a cross between a never-ending quiz and a dating site (that functions off of the way you answer questions and the way you want your matches to answer questions) its kind of a match made in heaven, so to speak.

Not only does the website write its own questions, but members have the opportunity to submit their own questions, most of which are used in the basic test. There are also tons of additional specific quizzes that you can choose from and get a personality profile on your main page. I took the Dating Persona Quiz. Apparently I'm a "Maid of Honor," which kind of sounds like the "always the bridesmaid, never the bride" type of situation, but apparently I'm a perfect catch?

The Maid of Honor
[Deliberate Gentle Love Master (DGLM)]

Appreciated for your kindness and envied for all your experience,
you are The Maid of Honor.

Charismatic, affectionate, and terrific in relationships, you are what many guys would call a "perfect catch"--and you probably have many admirers, each wishing to capture your long-term love.
You're careful, extra careful, because the last thing you want is to hurt anyone. Especially some poor boy whose only crime was liking you.

We've deduced you're fully capable of a dirty fling, but you do feel that post-coital attachment after hooking up. So, conscientious person that you are, you do your best to reserve physical affection for those you respect...
...so you can respect yourself.

Your biggest negative is the byproduct of your careful nature: indecision. You're just as slow rejecting someone as you are accepting them.


Always avoid: The False Messiah (DBLM), The 5-Night Stand (DBSM), The Vapor Trail (RBLM), The Bachelor (DGSM)

Consider: The Gentleman (DGLM), someone just like you.
Take the quiz: Dating Persona Test
Post your scores as a comment if you want. :)

(Please note my favorite question: "If you have ever had an STD, click here." Hilarious!)

I've already taken 200 basic questions aside from this quiz (I know... I've had all day), some of which are
"Would you consider dating someone you knew was married?" or "Have you ever had an STD?" or "What is your opinion of having a female president?"

So far, I've received 3 ims, 7 messages, and been favorited by 2 members. Interesting! I'll keep you updated if I actually plan on meeting anyone. There's actually a few cute ones on there.

5 people had something to say:

J.M.G. said...

took the test twice. Boy Next Door. Gee what a surprise. Blah

T. said...

Zoolander!!! Good choice.

"Poppin and lockin fool!"

Anonymous said...

Had a chance to catch your original posting in Craigslist R&R. I enjoyed reading some of the past entries in your blog. It's always fun to read about someone elses insight on dating debacles.

kidicarus222 said...

Another good one for the sick: So I Married an Axe Murderer.

Anonymous said...

The Peach
Random Gentle Love Master (RGLM)
The Peach

Playful, kind, and well-loved, you are The Peach.

For such a warm-hearted, generous person, you're surprisingly experienced in both love and sex. We credit your spontaneous side; you tend to live in the moment, and you don't get bogged down by inhibitions like most women your age. If you see something wonderful, you confidently embrace it.

You are a fun flirt and an instant sweetheart, but our guess is you're becoming more selective about long-term love. It's getting tougher for you to become permanently attached; and a guy who's in a different place emotionally might misunderstand your early enthusiasm. You can wreck someone simply by enjoying him.

Your ideal mate is adventurous and giving, like you. But not overly intense.

Love your blog! reading it from beginning to current right now :-)

Boyfriend Application
 

design by suckmylolly.com